Partners in Education
- Coordinate and oversee provincial-level planning in response to the suspension of in-class learning.
- Facilitate K to 12 stakeholder communication and planning pertaining to issues, priorities, and implementation of pandemic response planning.
- Resolve urgent matters and make recommendations regarding resource implications of response plans and opportunities for future system improvement. Some examples include expanding distance/online learning resources, establishing a parent/caregiver portal for engaging in education, and improving the Manitoba Professional Learning Environment (Maple).
- Ensure accessible resources to support parents, as well as students who are at risk.
School Division and School Leaders
- Participate in local and provincial planning.
- While considering their local context, implement provincial expectations for teaching, learning, and assessment.
- Review and reallocate resources as needed to facilitate teaching and learning (i.e., nonteaching staff, technology, online platforms, print-based materials).
- Mobilize supports for students who are at risk.
- Support school staff as they change and adapt to learning at home.
- Ensure, to the greatest extent possible, that home-school communication continues with families.
- Collaborate with school administration to implement the plans for teaching and learning.
- Evaluate curricular outcomes that have not yet been covered and prioritize remaining outcomes based on what is manageable for students working from home.
- Provide equitable learning opportunities for all students.
- Work closely with families to implement learning opportunities that support grade-level outcomes.
- Provide ongoing support for student learning, including support for families for learning at home.
- Monitor and assess student learning.
- Assign a final grade and identify future learning needs.
- Support the teacher to ensure that learning continues.
- Encourage students to continue their school learning plans at home.
- Look for opportunities to promote learning within the context of daily life.
- Maintain ongoing communication with teachers.
- Establish daily routines for engaging in learning experiences.
- Actively participate in learning and complete assigned work. Reflect on progress, set goals for learning and identify next steps.
- Talk to parents and teachers about any concerns or difficulties.